Friday, September 3, 2010

To kick off the weekend...

This post is completely dedicated to my brother-in-law, Matt!

I have already mentioned that every Friday in the Sydney office is a jeans day, but they also have 'Beer Friday' (an old Cerner tradition) every Friday. They put out beer, wine and (a new favorite word) 'nibblies' in the break room for people to enjoy at 5:00. The offices in KC have gotten out of the habit of Beer Fridays and only have them on special occasions now. I am glad that the Sydney office has kept up the tradition of having it every week!

I didn't attend last week because I had some errands I wanted to run on the way back to the apartment. But, I went tonight and am glad that I did! There were quite a few people from the office there and it was a great way to get to know more people...in a social way, not just a work way! Very nice people and I was already told that I am way cooler than their last HR Partner, ha ha!

My brother-in-law did an incredible job of researching the types of beer that people drink in Australia for my Bon Voyage party. He had a hard time finding those beers in the US, but he did find a few of them and they were a huge hit at the party! Matt, tonight I had my first beer while actually in country and it was a Pure Blond. I believe it was a low carb beer that is produced by Foster's. You'll have to let me know what else you know about it! It was pretty good!

Then, on my way back to the apartment, I stopped by a 'bottle shop' (liquor store) to buy some wine and in Matt's honor, I bought a bottle of Taylors Shiraz, produced in Clare Valley, Australia. I've just poured a glass and it is pretty good also!

I am happy to be starting my weekend, even though I am a bit jealous of the long holiday weekend you all get to enjoy, as well as the first KU football game...RCJH and happy Labor Day from half-way across the world!

(PS...Matt, I hope this post makes up for the fact that I didn't send you the initial email about my blog...sorry, again!)

3 comments:

  1. Happy weekend!!!! Drink a glass for me, the beer and wine both sound good!! Miss you and I'll call you this weekend (or Skype).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bec! I love it....I wish I was having a bottle of wine with you. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No! Crap, I am on Ryan's computer (eric's roomate). Sorry for the random post.

    PS. It's Cho

    ReplyDelete