Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Rainy Saturday...

Don't worry...I didn't let the wet and somewhat dreary day stop me! It was just light sprinkles on and off all day, so the ground was constantly wet, but it wasn't wet enough to make people stay inside.

I had a lazy and relaxing morning, but then made up for that in the afternoon with tons of walking! I walked across the Sydney Harbour Bridge for the first time today and loved it! I can't even imagine how beautiful it will be on a nice and sunny day because it was pretty darn beautiful even today. It really did only take 20 minutes to get from one side to the other...so, really not a bad walk at all!

Here is a view of the Opera House from a little over half way across the bridge...















And here is a view of Kirribilli Village (which is right by where I live, so I go to lots of markets and restaurants there)















Once I was across the bridge, I headed down below to an area called The Rocks. I had heard that it was a darling area with lots of great pubs and restaurants and every weekend they have something called The Rocks Market. It kind of reminded me of a Holiday Mart type of thing...except outside and in Australia!















There were vendors on both sides and it went on for a few blocks! I made several fun purchases and just had fun walking around and looking at everything. I have a feeling I will go back there once or twice before Christmas!  Part way through my browsing/shopping, I stopped into a pub to have a beer and a snack since I hadn't eaten lunch. It was fun to take a break and people watch! After a few hours, I headed back across the bridge and wandered around a few streets in Kirribilli Village that I hadn't been to yet. I then headed back to my apartment and was rather tired, windblown and a little soggy! It was totally worth it though and I had so much fun exploring another area of Sydney today!

Here are a few pictures that I took last weekend (before I had my camera stuff to be able to post them). It was a much sunnier day last weekend, so these pics are fun too!

This is just about a block down from my apartment...was nice to finally get right by the water last weekend!















Here is my cute little Luna Park, close up! (Kind of artistic shot, with the Opera House in the bottom corner too, huh?!)















And here is a shot of Lavendar Bay from the ground, after I had walked half-way around the bay!
















Not a bad place to live for 6 months, huh?!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! We soooo want to come visit. Your pics are amazing and I am so proud of you for getting out and seeing everything. We'll miss you today, but are so excited for the unbelievable time you are having! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome! I want to come to Australia to see you too! Your pictures are beautiful. What an explorer you are! Can't believe those Cerner employees are a bit scared of my sweet niece! Love you...Peg

    ReplyDelete