Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nice surprise...

Man, I have missed my mom's care packages! I used to be the envy of all the other campers at summer camp when I would receive a care package. And today, I got an adult version from my fabulous mom!




















She thought the apartment bedroom could use a little color, so she sent a red throw blanket and a cute and colorful pillow! She also sent some new pillowcases, as I had been complaining that the ones provided in the apartment weren't very comfy. (Note to self...keep finding things to complain about or talk about missing and I may keep getting care packages! Ha, just kidding Mom!) She sent some cheery towels to use in the kitchen and some of our favorite body lotion and shower gel. She found a darling dress to throw in...and it looks super cute on! And then, she sent a few Fall decorations. You all know how much my family and I love decorating our houses for the seasons...and I will so miss not getting a Fall season this year. I know, I know, lots of people would be jealous that I am just heading into Spring and Summer...again...but Fall has always been one of my favorite times of year...the colors, the smells, the tastes, all of it...so, now I will have my very own little bit of Fall in my apartment here! Oh yeah, and how could I forget the bottle of Catalina/French dressing, ha ha! I had been excited that I was able to find all of the ingredients to make taco salad here, except one of the main things that ties it all together...the dressing! Now, I can make taco salad as often as I want!

Mom, thank you so much for the wonderful and thoughtful care package!! It came at just the right time and is so nice to have a few more things to make me feel more 'at home' while I am here! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. So glad it got here this week! It all looks awesome and will be such fun colorful additions! Glad you liked the Catalina...that was my big suggestion. ;-)

    ReplyDelete