Saturday, September 18, 2010

Visitors!

Yay...my 2 work friends from the Relocation and Immigration team got here today! It really is so much nicer to have people to explore with...we had an awesome day! I just got back to the apartment after about 10 hours of walking, shopping, eating, sightseeing with them and I think we are all exhausted. We have a big day at the wineries tomorrow, so I think I am going to keep this somewhat short and let the pictures do the talking!

I met them this morning at about 10 and we had a great breakfast in my little village before we headed across the bridge. We walked around and shopped in The Rocks Market (where I went my second weekend that I was here) for a few hours and made several fun purchases. We were right by the main ferry terminal, so we decided to take the Manly Ferry out to Manly Beach...probably the second most popular beach area here. Here is a pic of me and Meagan heading to the ferries (see all of the shopping we did?!)...















The ferry ride was about 30 minutes long and just amazingly beautiful!















Here is a pic of me and Martha enjoying the ferry ride...















Waves crashing on the rocks in the distance...















Once we got off, we had to walk through a long city block of little stores and cafes to get to the beach. Lots of pretty touristy places, but some nicer places also. And finally, the beach!





























Now, for the funny part of the day. Meagan and I thought it would be fun to take off our shoes, roll up our jeans and go stick our feet in the water...















Getting close to the water...















Notice the smaller wave at the front of this picture...















I think Meagan noticed it a little before I did, as I was still busy taking this picture...















So, yes, if you can't tell, I am basically standing in this rushing wave of water at this point. Meagan was a little better off than I was...I was wet and sandy up to about my mid-thighs. Awesome. Guess who the tourists from land-locked Kansas are?! Ha ha...what could we do except laugh! We went back to where Martha was sitting on steps and tried to dry off a bit. My rolled-up jeans were literally dripping!

After a little more walking around (and drying off), we needed something to drink and a snack, as we hadn't eaten since our breakfast. You can imagine that I was in heaven when we found this:















Yes friends, we found a beach-side restaurant called Mexico in Manly...who told me that they don't have Mexican food in Australia?! I think this is the first actual restaurant I have seen, but at least I know they have one and it was pretty darn good!!

We caught the ferry back at about 5:00 and got great seats on the upper deck on the back of the ferry. See ya Manly...hopefully next time I am here, I will be a little smarter when getting close to the water...ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment