Sunday, December 12, 2010

Aussie animals

On my last Aussie weekend before heading home for Chrissy, I hung out with more work friends on Friday and did some touristy activities on Saturday. Beer Friday at work turned into heading to a nearby pub with a group of people from work and a good time was had by all! It was a beautiful night and was fun to sit outside to share drinks and lots of laughs!

Several people from various other teams in Cerner are here on business trips right now and a girl that I have met a few times from the Marketing/PR team invited me to be touristy with her on Saturday! She did a few things that I have already done in the morning, but I took a ferry over to meet her in Darling Harbour for the afternoon and we went to Wildlife World and the Sydney Aquarium! We had a blast seeing all of the animals and fish that Australia has to offer.

Australia is actually home to something crazy like 10 out of the 12 most deadly animals in the world. Quite a few of them were featured in the Wildlife World...and we probably would have spent much more time in there, except that we were hurrying through some of the creepy areas with the spiders, snakes, bats, etc. Of course, we loved seeing the koalas and kangaroos though and I think my favorite was the enormous crocodile, named Rex. We did actually get to see him swim around some and then we caught the keeper talk about him...he had a fascinating story. Here are some fun pics from the Wildlife World!



















The Sydney Aquarium was beautiful too and was kind of mesmerizing to watch all of the fish in the beautiful displays! Saw some very unique fish and of course, lots of sharks too!

















We had a lovely early evening dinner in Darling Harbour and sat outside where we got in some good people watching. Was a fun day out as a tourist...too bad we didn't see the Oprah crew though!

I can't believe that I only have one day in the office and them am heading back to Kansas for Christmas...my time over here since my October trip home has just flown by! I am super excited to get back to see all of my family and friends and to celebrate Christmas and then will be equally excited to head back to this side of the world...because my parents will be coming back with me! I am so so so excited to have them here and show them all of these amazing things! We will have the best time and then it will be a short time before my adventure here comes to an end...

If I don't blog again before Christmas, I wish you all a very Happy Chrissy!!

1 comment:

  1. That blue fish looks like Dori from Finding Nemo! Can't wait to see your for "Chrissy!" Please tell me that's what they call it there.

    ReplyDelete