Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...

This entire week has been a chilly, rainy week and I am starting to get a little sick of the rain. Now, when it quickly turns to the 80's and humid, I may wish for another one of these rainy, chilly days...but for now, I am sick of it!

I ended the week at work by going to Beer Friday, as usual. At one point, those of us that were left looked around and laughed...it was only Americans left! We were saying that everyone else had their families and friends to get home to, but the 9 or so of us Americans obviously had nothing better to do, ha! Several of us headed out to a fun dinner after we closed Beer Friday down. We hopped on the train and headed North...I hadn't been farther north than our office yet, so was fun to see a different area. And, I am starting to become much more comfortable with the public transportation here!

Today it pretty much rained on and off all day. I really wanted to get out though and have really been wanting to explore an area here called Darling Harbour. I headed out mid-afternoon and caught the ferry over to Darling Harbour and I have to admit...this was the first time that I was a bit let down by something here. I feel like I have heard and read so many great things about Darling Harbour, so was really excited to go there. I'm sure the dreary weather had something to do with it, but I just wasn't very impressed. Looks like there are lots of great restaurants there, but again, not the kind of day that you want to grab a table outside for a drink and a nibblie!

Darling Harbour does have some big Sydney attractions, but I wasn't planning on doing those today, as they have parts that are outdoors. Instead, I was mostly excited to go here...















because it is all shops in that lower, front building. And the thing in the middle is one of the most iconic spots of Darling Harbour. I was kind of in the mood for some shopping, but it was all just crappy mall stores in there. So disappointing. Oh well, at least that means I only spent $11.20 on the ferry ride over and back!

There were some cool fountains... (see, I was trying to find the positives!)















Oh well, I suppose everything in Sydney can't be like 'the most amazing thing I have ever done'! I am still very excited to head back to Darling Harbour sometime soon to go to these 2 major attractions, the Sydney Aquarium and the Sydney Wildlife World...but otherwise, I don't think you will find me hanging out in Darling Harbour much!

No comments:

Post a Comment